You are viewing this site in staging mode. Click in this bar to return to normal site.
- Letting your taps run for five minutes uses about as much energy as a 60-watt lightbulb consumes in 14 hours.
- Are you wasting water? If you have a meter fitted, you can see how much you are using and be able to monitor your consumption.
- You can save a lot of water & energy by reducing the number of times you wash up in a day. Only wash-up when you have a bowl full. Odd bits and pieces can wait.
- A leaking tap that fills a coffee cup in 10 minutes will waste an estimated 3,000 gallons of water per year.
- Wash your vegetables into a bowl so you can water the plants with that water, instead of pouring it down the drain.
- Collect rainwater and use on the garden as well any used washing up water.
- Save energy – wash the dark coloured clothes on 30 degrees